What is Dementia Friends MALAYSIA
A member of Dementia Friends MALAYSIA learns a little bit more about what it’s like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into action – anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend. Dementia Friends MALAYSIA is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling friends about Dementia Friends MALAYSIA to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.
Dementia Friends Information Sessions are run by volunteer Dementia Friends Champions, who are trained and supported by ADFM. Each Information Session lasts around one hour. You will learn more about and how you can help to create friendly communities.
Telling us about your action
We want to use our website to capture the ways that Dementia Friends MALAYSIA are helping to make life better for people living with dementia in their communities. Every action registered on this website will help us understand what Dementia Friends MALAYSIA are doing to make life better for people affected by .
Please join us and the million other people who are helping to change the way the nations thinks, acts and talks about .
Turning understanding into action After the Dementia Friends MALAYSIA Information Session we would like you to tell us about how you are going to turn your understanding of into a practical action. You don’t have to commit to doing something time-consuming. Every action counts. Dementia Friends actions could include:
- Getting in touch and staying in touch with someone I know living with dementia .
- Volunteering for an organisation that helps people with dementia.
- Campaigning for change, e.g. by signing up to ADFM’s campaigns to improve the lives of person with dementia.
- Wearing my ADFM wristband to remind me of the attributes I need when dealing with persons with dementia or the public in general.
- Carrying out a personal action e.g. Be more patient when out in my community
Thank you for making a difference.
Passionate about helping the community? Lend a hand by helping out at our events or spending your time persons with dementia at our Rumah Alzheimer’s Daycare Centre.